Posts Tagged ‘Volunteer’
Call to Congress in a way to advocate and support American Diabetes Association’s movement to Stop Diabetes with the decision makers at Capitol Hill.
On March 10th, 2011 more than 200 Diabetes Advocates will come together and storm Capitol Hill to tell Congress we need to Stop Diabetes! We need YOU to join that effort by being a part of Call into Congress. Call your Members of Congress on March 10th to ask for funding for diabetes research and prevention programs.
To participate, just follow these easy steps:
- Pick up the phone and dial 866-459-1206.
- When prompted, enter your zip code and press “1” to confirm you’ve entered it correctly. You’ll be connected to one of your representatives’ offices.
- When a staff person answers, ask to speak to the health aide. Tell the health aide you are a constituent and you strongly urge your Representative/Senator to support the American Diabetes Association’s request to increase 2012 federal funding for diabetes research and prevention programs.
- Most calls will end there, and you’ll be connected to another one of your representatives. But if you want to add more, you can remind them:
- Funding for the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases at the National Institutes of Health, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Division of Diabetes Translation, and the National Diabetes Prevention Programs is essential to preventing, treating and eventually curing diabetes.
- Stopping diabetes will save taxpayers millions of dollars that would be spent on treating diabetes complications like blindness, amputations and kidney disease.
Once you’re off the phone, tell us how your call went! Thanks for joining our Call into Congress.
Want to know what else you can do to help Stop Diabetes? Sign up now to get action alerts via email and become a Diabetes Advocate!
To learn more, view our past Call to Congress videos here:
GET INVOLVED TODAY!
WE NEED YOU!